The Illinois Wesleyan baseball team will resume its longtime rivalry with Division I Illinois State on Tuesday (April 22) in the eighth Horenberger-Bass Classic, which will be at 6 p.m. at IWU’s Jack Horenberger Field.
• Go here for details on the Horenberger-Bass Classic history.
• Go here to read the game preview written by Randy Reinhardt in The Pantagraph.
• It will be the 155th meeting all-time in the series between Illinois Wesleyan (16-13 this year) and Illinois State (24-12 overall).
• ISU leads the all-time series, 84-70, with the two teams meeting in ISU’s first-ever recorded baseball game in 1890.
• The Redbirds are 5-2 against the Titans since the annual game was renewed and named after the two former coaches in 2004. The 2012 and 2011 games were cancelled because of rain and Illinois State won the last meeting, 15-5, at ISU last April 30.
• Illinois Wesleyan freshman righthander Kyle Snedeker (1-1, 2.51 ERA) will get the start for Illinois Wesleyan. He has seven strikeouts and 11 walks in 14 1/3 innings. The Redbirds will counter with sophomore lefthander Will Headean (2-1, 4.61 ERA, 29 strikeouts in 27 1/3 innings).
Read the entire article at IWUsports.com.